There are many ways that We obtain information from you:
(1) when you enter a Westpoint Optical sweepstakes/giveaway
(2) when you sign up at a Westpoint optical store
(3) upon contacting customer service to Westpoint optical
(4) upon signing up at an event.
These submissions are only kept for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
We use Google Analytics on our site for anonymous reporting of site usage. So, no personalized data is stored.
When you send a message to receive our services, you will need to provide us with your name, Phone number and e-mail address. If you contact our customer service department, you may need to provide us with additional information so that We can respond to your questions or concerns as completely and thoroughly as possible. To provide users and subscribers with the most efficient and enhanced service and to better understand your preferences, We may request your gender, year of birth, sports of interest, shopping preference and product interest. Whether or not you provide this information is entirely up to you.
1) To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature and to provide you with the relevant products or services (for instance to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest)
2) To send you information/materials via e-mail or mail about products, offers and news We think could interest you. This information may relate to products, services, offers and news of Westpoint Optical products or any other products and services by any company affiliated with us.
3) To analyze visits to the website and learn about the interests of our visitors as well as visitor's physical features in the aggregate so we can improve our products and services and deliver the best user experience.
We have a company policy not to flood people with e-mail correspondence, but simply to give you periodic information so you can stay up to date on what We are offering. You can easily unsubscribe at any time you want by contacting our customer service department or by following the instructions contained in the e-mail. It takes some time to put opt-outs in effect so you may still receive emails from us for several weeks after your request is received.
In case of a data breach, system administrators will immediately take all needed steps to ensure system integrity, will contact affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed.
If you are under 14, you should surf westpointoptical.ca only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Although We do not specifically direct our websites, catalogues or e-mails to children, We strive to provide children with as much customer service as possible without violating their privacy rights. For their protection, We ask that anyone under 14 years of age not attempt to register with Westpoint Optical or otherwise provide Westpoint Optical with any personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
We use industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.